Thursday, January 29, 2015

Italy, Week 13 - The Windiest City in the World


Hello all from Trieste!!!! So, Trieste is windy, yes. BUT, i have yet to face the Bora. They actually named this crazy wind that gets up to 100km/hr here. That's how intense it is. I haven't come across it yet though. But it's still pretty windy here. but it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! It's really old and by the ocean and in the mountains and absolutely georgeous. There are a LOT of stairs here because it's all up and down. My calves will be enormous by the end of this transfer. The people here are very different from the people in my last city. The people in both my cities were your stereotypical Italians for the most part, but the different stereotypes. In Busto they were warmer and more loving and over-all a little more friendlier. And they fed us a LOT. Here, however, the people are more traditional and very set on their ways. We get a LOT of people say that they're Catholic and they don't want to change, they like the way things are. So the work here is a little slow, but we're speeding it up ;) No worries.My new companion is Sorella Burt from Utah and she is so fantastic!! We get along super well! And she loves food as much as I do, so everything's great :) 
She asked me to cut her hair, so i cut off about 3-4 inches... I'm sensing a pattern here... By the end of my mission I'm going to be an expert barber. It's going to be great. 
Last night we tried to talk to this woman on the street and she told us that she was Catholic and that we're young and we still have time to change our ideas. She told us that we were too young to know anything regarding religion for sure and that we still had time to find the truth. Dang, it was hard not to get mad haha. I did not like what she said to us one bit. But it sure strengthened my own testimony. i would NOT be out here if I didn't know without a shadow of a doubt that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, was true. Nothing would be keeping me here. All the rejection we face everyday, all the pain, physically and emotionally that we go through, wouldn't be worth it if I didn't know it was true. I know that i am here truly doing the work of the Lord and I am helping to further His kingdom here on the earth, and here specifically in Italy. I know that God has a plan for us and that we are all His children. I have never been more sure of it in my life. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. We had an AMAZING lesson with an "eternal investigator" the other day. She was having a hard time with receiving answers. She said God doesn't give her answers and she can't wait forever. But we talked about how we were her answer and we bore our testimonies, and the Spirit was incredible strong. Gosh dangit it was strong. And everytime after we bore our testimonies she would say how beautiful it was and how good our words made her felt. It was the most amazing, Spiritually intense lesson I've been in. We were sooo reliant on the Spirit haha. Any thought that popped into our heads, we just did it, without thinking. And we think she really changed. Sorella Burt said that she's never seen her change like that before. IT WAS AMAZING. So if anyone ever tries to tell you there's no way you can know it's true or that you're too young to be able to know God, don't listen to them! It's true! and if you knew it once, that hasn't changed! It's still true, just remember those times when you knew it.
Anyway, sorry i went on that testimony rampage... I just really did not like that comment and i think this was the first time I could just let it all out. Woo. I feel good. The church is true. Punto.
Anywho, I absolutely LOVE Trieste! The work is hard, but that just leaves more work for us to do and to see miracles. We've already seen soooo many. I am SO stoked!! We're doing another 21 Lesson week here, just for us. And it's going to be so great!!
Thank you all soooo much! I just love you all so much! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!
Vi voglio un MONDO di bene!!!
Love, Sorella Hawks :)
P.S. one of my favorite things I saw this week was a 70+ year old woman wearing a black beanie that said "SWAG" on the front. it was so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment