Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Italy, Week 12 - Scambios and Transfers


Allora, this week was crazy. It was soo great, but sooo crazy. We had another scambio after our scambio on Monday with the Sorelle in Como. This time I got to stay in Busto and lead the ropes, which was super fun! And we saw a super cool miracle! So there was this woman that we met our second week in Busto (way back in November) and we taught her a lesson and she called us her daughters and we gave her a pass-along card with our number and she said she would call us! A few weeks later  we realized that the stamp that had our number on it that we use to stamp the cards was missing a number. So this woman didn't have our correct number. We were so bummed and we prayed so much that we would be able to find contact with her again. During this scambio this past week, my temporary companion and I were rushing to the bus and we walked quickly past this group of people, but I suddenly realized that I recognized one of the people. It was the same woman from November!!! She gave us big hugs and kissed us on the cheeks and was so happy to see us! She had to run on the bus but I was able to give her a pass-along card with our correct number on it! We hope for the best! God does answer prayers! Even if we have to wait. It's interesting too, because back in November we had both gotten the feeling that we should exchange numbers and get her number, but neither of us did it and we ended up just giving her a card with the wrong number. So God taught us a lesson there by making us wait... But it was good! Now I know!! It was sooo cool
Anywho, second part, transfers actually affected us this time. dun dun dunnnnnn. Yeah. We got the call from President Saturday morning and you know it's big with the President calls.  Sorella Yost gets to stay in Busto as an STL, but she's training again (for the third time in a row!) I got kicked out and I'm going to Trieste, which is as far East as a sister can go in our mission! I've heard it's absolutely beautiful there, so I'm super excited! But I also heard it's very cold and there's a certain wind that it's known for with a specific name that I can't remember right now. I'm sure I'll learn it soon... I've had a lot of people tell me I would be blown away with the wind these past few days... haha but I'm really excited. I'm sad to leave Busto, this city is amazing and every person I've met here is incredible. I'm also sad that Sorella Yost and I don't get serve together for her last transfer, but it's all for the best. Trieste, here I come!! 
Well, this week has been full of goodbyes and big hugs and big handshakes (from those who can't hug me). It's really hard saying goodbye, which I kind of expected, but not after only being in a place for only 3 months. It's amazing how much you really grow to love the people here. I love everyone person we teach and all of the ward members. Everyone is so great. And it's amazing to see the impact that you have wherever you go even if you don't see it. It's also cool how that shows how you are called to each city for a specific reason and you play a very important part there, even if it's only in the life of one person. I'm sad to leave, but I'm excited to go to Trieste and meet new people and learn more. Wish me the best of luck and pray that I won't be "blown around with the leaves!" (yes, someone said exactly that to me. It was very comforting).
I love you all so much! sorry, I can't think of anything really funny. We had a lot of funny things happen, but they're just kind of everyday things that I can't remember..... Sorry! Plus, most of them are embarrassing... Like eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon with tears running down your face laughing at the fact that right after you bore your testimony and said goodbye to the whole ward, someone came up to you and commented on your language. Yeah. That happened haha. At the end of Sacrament meeting, one woman came up to me and said that hopefully I'll have more opportunity to improve with the language in Trieste. It was so funny. She's right! Hopefully I do improve there! My new companion is only one transfer ahead of me! 
Anywho, I love you all sooooo much! Thank you so much for everything!! Vi voglio bene!!! 
Love, Sorella Hawks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment