Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Italy, Week 35 (7/7/15) - MIRACLE WEEK

So first off, so I forgot to inform you that my Pday was moved up a day this week... Heh heh, oops.... Anywho. This week was awesome! Oh, first of all, I should probably share some sad yet exciting news. I've been kicked out of Trieste :( but I have been here for six months, and it's been an incredible six months. I've changed so much here, I've met some of the most incredible people, and I've seen so many miracles. I'm so grateful for every moment I had to be here in this incredible city. Now the exciting news: I'm going to Milano! I’ve been called to serve in the big city Milano in the Cimiano ward. And get this: with my mission sister! She was also trained by Sorella Yost right before me and I got to meet her when we had to go down to pick up Yost's permission to stay thingy. So I'm super stoked! I already know
she's super great and we're going to get along, so I'm excited :)

So this week we set a baptismal date with one of our investigators!  Cool story: so we wanted to pick a date for July so we picked two days and prayed to know which date would be best for her.  While we were praying this number 26 came into my mind and I was like, that's not one of the options... So I pushed it aside but it just kept nagging me. So after I checked the calendar and the 26th was a Sunday, which wouldn't work... So we went with the date that we both felt good about. When we got to that lesson, she informed us that she had health issues and wouldn't even be able to really love her house until the end of August... Oh.... So we went back and decided to find a date in September. When I flipped my calendar to September, I quickly discovered that there was a Saturday in September that was the 26th...  Can you talk about God knows His children or what? When we gave her the date she was so excited and went and wrote it down on her calendar "il mio battesimo". It was so great!
Saturday some of the YSAs threw to get her a BBQ to celebrate the Fourth of July and it was so fun! We got our transfer calls during it though, so that was kinda sad haha. But it was such a great afternoon. I love these people so much!!!
Then I had to give my goodbye testimony I church on Sunday which is always difficult... But it's finneeee. Then we had a really fun dinner with this great family in our ward and our investigator Patrizia. So fun!  And then we've just been running around saying goodbye to everyone, packing, crying, laughing. I basically look like a chicken with its head chopped off just running around in circles. Che stress.   So much to do!!
But anyway, I'm excited for the adventures that lay ahead. I will certainly miss being in this ward and in this city. They've changed me and I am forever grateful for that. But I know it's time to go. I'm satisfied with what I've done here. There were certainly regrets, but at the end of it all I'm happy to say that I have no regrets. I gave it my all and I tried my best. Now it's time to go forward and grow and learn more. I'm excited for the things I'm going to learn from my new companion, Sorella Nilson, and to serve the wonderful ward and people of Milano Cimiano.
I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week! Vi voglio bene!
Alla prossima,
Sorella Hawks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment