Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Italy, Week 37 (7/22/15) - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Hi everyone! Well to start things off, let me just inform you that Milano has officially turned into an oven and it's still heating up.  Woohoo! Reaching the hundreds this week according to yahoo weather.  Some fun facts about how hot it is here: it gets so hot, the pavement on the sidewalk literally moves. I'm not over exaggerating. One time we were standing waiting for someone and when me moved our feet, there
were our footprints in the nice hot tar :) super hot. At night, sometimes we'll take cold showers in our clothes before getting into bed and turn the fans right on us just so we can even get some sleep before all the water gets evaporated from our clothes and sheets.  Also, while standing in place, not only the tops of your feet start
burning because they're exposed to the sun, but also the bottom because your shoes get really hot. I guess what I'm trying to say with all these words is that it's hot. Dang hot.  But I love it still :)
We had a ward picnic this week which was super fun and afterward we were going back to the metro station with these young women (from the pictures) and we stopped and taught them a lesson and then took a bunch of selfies and videos :) so fun. We eventually had to leave because these dumb boys started throwing pieces of sheet rock and plants in pots at us from a sixth story window. So for safety's sake we headed off. No worries, we all walked out intact  :)
FAT FACE. Too much pasta!!!

These girls are soooooo great! I missed young women so much after having almost none for six months. I'm so happy!!

Young Women in Milan

Sorry, not a ton of pictures this week, but these were cute and they're more than nothing :) vi voglio bene!!
Last night we had an FHE and for part of our lesson to establish a point, we pulled a prank that I had tripped and fallen while we were running and sprained my wrist. It was all wrapped up and everything, and we got them sooooo good! But I think it helped them to understand the point. We talked about the lost sheep that are among us. Everyone drew a sheep, but because of my wrist, I couldn't participate. I was
the lost sheep and was sad because I felt useless and out of the group. Everyone that leaves the church or comes less frequently always has a reason. They don't want to and it's for different reasons that they don't want to. What are we doing to help those people? So we know what's wrong? Do we know how to help them? Members' influence on those who are far from the Church is much stronger than missionaries'
influence. They need to feel loved, that they serve a purpose, that they have a friend. What are we doing to help these people? It made me think a lot about how I never did anything before for these people. I just thought "man, that's so sad. I hope they come back soon, it will help them so much." At times, at the encouragement of others, I dropped cookies off with a nice note and an invitation to an activity.  Or I talked to them for a bit when they did show up. But I never truly became their friends, which is what they needed. A friend that was a true friend, not just someone becoming their friend with the intent that they'll start coming back.We work a lot with less active members here and some of them just need time while others need a hand of love and friendship. What a great opportunity it is to help those we truly love to experience the happiness we experience and to do the things to help them return WITH us to the kingdom of our Father.
I love you all so much and I truly appreciate all your love and
support. You're the best. Vi voglio un mondo di bene!
Sorella Hawks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment