Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Italy, Week 8 - Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas everyone!!! I don't have time, we only have half a P-day today and we have a lunch appointment in an hour and we still have to do our grocery shopping! Ah! I just wanted to say that things are going great! Some days are hard we we don't get a single lesson while other days are great and we teach three unplanned lessons before lunch. Woo! Our investigator didn't get called into work, which is such a miracle! Thank you everyone for your many prayers! They helped so much! His family is going away for a week (the week of his baptism) but he'll be with his family and away from temptation, which is a blessing. And this way we only have to push his baptism back a week. HE'S SO BRAVO! He quoted a scripture in our lesson last night!!!! WHAT?! And he's super excited about his baptism. We asked him if he wanted to push it back two weeks because we would have to meet with him pretty often if it was only pushed back one week, but he was totally cool with that and just doesn't want to wait any longer. Need I remind you he's only 17? What? Right? I know. Cray. He's super bravo. This Christmas is the BEST! I'm so grateful for this time that I have to celebrate Christmas as a missionary. I've come to understand the true meaning of Christmas more and more as a missionary. God didn't just give His Son, He gave us the opportunity to come back to Him and live in eternal happiness. To be with our families and with Him for all eternity. And He gave us our free Agency, even though He knew He would lose some of His children to the temptations of the world. God just loves us sooo much. It's so incredible. And I'm grateful for this time to try to give back, even just a little, by serving Him and His children here and trying to help bring as many as I can back to Him. I love this season and the feeling of joy and giving that comes with it. 
I love you all sooo much and thank you all for your support and love! Merry Merry Merry Christmas!!! Vi voglio TANTISSSSSSSIMO BENE!!! Buon Natale!!!

Love, Sorella Hawks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment