Thursday, May 21, 2015

Italy, Week 27 (5/13/15) - The Past Two Weeks: Venice, Gelato, and Miracles

What more could you want?  So yeah, I FINALLY got to go to Venice andd it was ammaaaaazingggggg. I looveeeeee it soooo much. I hope I get to go back there again someday! And yeah, I've been fed gelato I think every single day since last Tuesday. There's no escaping it. Not that I would want to though. I'm pretty happy ;) And yes, we saw so many wonderful, beautiful miracles this week.
First off, last week I did a
scambio in Mestre (hence why we were able to go to Venice) and it was so fun! My sister training leaders are soooo cool! I love them so much! And that's really all I can remember from last week. It was a good week though :)
Anywhooooo this week we had a lesson with a potential that Sorella Burt and her comp before me found forever ago. And it was amazing! She said she knows there's a reason we met her and she's ready to make this step! She's so WONDERFUL. And then right after we had another incredible lesson with the friend of all the old people in this little group of old people friends that we have in our ward. They're sooo wonderful. And it was incredible! We were able to answer a lot of her questions and she felt the Spirit and said she believed everything we said!! Plus she lives in the MOST AMAZING HOME IN THE WORLD. It was an appartment, but it was HUGE. I felt like I was in a tour of a mansion, like the one we saw in New York for one of those famous families... So unspecific but Mom and Dad know what I'm talking about :) It was incredibleee I was in awe the whole time. And we made it home just in time to not have to call President :) We ran, of course.
Saturday was the baptism of an investigator of the
Anziani and it was sooooo incredible. The Spirit was SO strong, I can't even describe it. And he bore the most beautiful testimony. And after you could tell there was something different about him and he just seemed so purely happy. It was sooo incredible. I <3 baptisms.
Before the baptism we had an incredible lesson with an investigator and our Ward mission leader and it was just what she needed. I would talk about it, but if I start I would never stop. It was that good. But I'll just say that he invited her to come to the baptism and she could meet a bunch of the YSA's (which are the most wonderful people in the world) and at first she was like
noooo, I'm nervous, ehhh I don't really want to, all that stuff. So we talked to her for a bit so she wouldn't feel as nervous and after talking for a bit all went silent. and she had her head down for a bit. Then she looked up. And said. "What time is it?" my goodness I have never felt so much joy and happiness. I mean, I have, but that moment was BEAUTIFUL. AND SHE CAME!!!! ANd made soooo many friends with all the YSAs and LOVED it! My gosh, it was PERFECT. Anyway, I'm going to stop talking about that now because I literally will tell every detail if I keep going. I just get a little carried away...
Sunday I got to meet
Sorella Burt's lovely family which was so fun! they're so great! And I got to color with markers with some bambini, which brought me so much joy. That night we were doing finding when S.lla Burt was like "Let's talk to this woman" and it was so inspired! After praying with her she was crying and asked where our church was. She's going through a really hard time right now and it was such a miracle that we found her. Oh, and an hour earlier there was this crazy woman walking down the street SCREAMING at the top of her lungs about who knows what and she was coming up behind us and starts screaming at us and LUNGES towards Sorella Burt because she's screaming about her standing there or something and lunges and her to point at her shoes and it just SCREAMING. It was pretty terrifying actually. I will never ever forget that image.
But yeah! That's pretty much the most exciting parts of our week! It was great!! We got lots of rejections, lots of people laughing at us, staring at us, yelling at us (just one) but it was all worth it because of all the people that we helped invite the Spirit into their life for just a moment, which brightens whatever darkness they were in. It's so beautiful seeing the light that comes into people's eyes after we pray with them. There's so much pure joy that comes from the Gospel and I wouldn't trade this opportunity to bring that joy, that chance to live with our Father in Heaven, to others for anything in the world.
And I am forever grateful for all of you, for helping me get here. For giving me this opportunity. For teaching me so I could teach. For helping me so I could help. For loving me so I could love. Thank you so much. I wish someday I could express my gratitude, because words are not sufficient. I love you all so much. have a wonderful week and find joy in all you do.
Vi
voglio literalmente un mondo di bene.
Sorella Hawks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment