Thursday, October 15, 2015

Italy, Week 49 (10/14/15) - What Even Happened This Week?!

A question I couldn't answer. This week feels like it was forever. I was looking through my planner and I saw that we had our zone training meeting this past Thursday and I was baffled. THAT WAS FOREVER AGO.  Time, it's so weird.
Anywho, I'm happy, I'm working, I'm trying. It's still kinda weird having so many missionaries in one city but it's super fun.  
Our whole mission is reading the Book of Mormon through and finishing 25 December, so we have to read about six pages a day. But here's the fun part (maybe I already talked about this last week...): we are focusing completely on Christ, His ministry and His attributes in this reading.  It's so beautiful.  I'm learning so much and the Book of Mormon has been given such a new light, seeing how truly focused it is on Jesus Christ.  One thing I noticed in my reading this morning was that I started the Isaiah chapters and as I was focusing on Christ, I understood it so much more. It makes perfect sense! We all got an email from our president saying that it turns out that everyone is saying the same thing. Isaiah's prime focus is on the Savior. When we read his teachings with our focus on Christ, it makes sense. Why else do you think we are exhorted to read his teachings?  They bring us unto Christ and teach us how to gain salvation through Him.  
How cool is that?!
Give it a try, I dare you :)
Anywho, things are going well here in Milano. Nothing exciting or different happened this week. Sorry, no funny stories... I'll try to make some for next week :)
I love you all so much! Thank you for everything!
Vi
voglio bene!
Sorella Hawks :)

Sorry for lack of pictures, they're all on my comp's iPad....


No comments:

Post a Comment