Thursday, August 20, 2015

Italy, Week 41 (8/19/15) - Free gelato and Transfer News!





Transfer news!: Sorella Nilsen and I are staying the same!! Woohoo!  Thank goodness too because I did not know the city well enough for her to leave me. Haha. So happy!!
This week was AMAZING.  On Thursday I got to do a
scambio in Lugano, just like the old days in my first and second transfer. Haha, so weird! It was really cool to be able to see it all green in the summer time because last time it was all barren and cold. It was so fun! I got to serve with Sorella Kras who's from Germany but apparently I'm more German than her haha. It was super fun! This woman stopped us on the street and told us that we shouldn't have another book and that we worship Joseph Smith, but she
wouldn't give us any space to say anything. I was getting really frustrated and annoyed, but luckily my
scambio companion was really calm and nice. I just had to keep telling myself that this woman was saying this because she loved me and cared about me and thought she was right. Basically doing what I'm doing, but just going about it the wrong way.
Nilsen and her
scambio companion had an awesome scambio here in Milano! They went to get gelato and while the member that was with them talked to the owners, the Sorelle talked to a guy in there from Peru who wanted to learn more about our church. MIRACLES. The owners told them to come back the next day and they'd give us free gelato.  When we went back on Friday, we got lots of free gelato haha. They started with the normal two scoops, we talked about families and the gospel and then we took pictures with them. They let us behind the counter and they gave us even more gelato. They offered some for us to take home, but we weren't going straight home. But they were so fun!  Plus they said that they would let us help them make gelato sometime
when they get back from vacation. SCORE. 
President
Dibb called us on Friday night at 10:31 so we knew it was exciting news haha. He was in a super good mood and super happy to tell us the great news :) so happy!  Sunday we went to pass by an investigator that we haven't been able to see the whole time I've been here and she wasn't home. But right as we were walking out she pulled up over bike: miracle! And she was so happy to see us and asked when we were going to come see her again!
Okay, our members here are absolutely incredible. Best member missionaries
everrrr! Two different women in our ward brought women that they had just met a few days before on the metro to FHE with them. THEY hardly even knew them! And one of the women that brought a friend was less active! Then a member brought the two daughters of one of his friends to FHE as well. So many people came last night and it was so awesome! Missionary work: just do it! There's a member here from Russia named Tatiana who is the most incredible member missionary I have ever met. She has a friend here from Russia and she's been talking to her about the Church and gave her a Book of Mormon and last night she told us she's ready to be baptized! Now we just need to meet with her... But still, so cool!!
I've had so many good studies in the morning this past week. First off, I'm studying Genesis and I've been reading the story of Joseph.  He is such an incredible example. I am so impressed by how forgiving he is and how he makes the most of every situation he is in. He was sold into Egypt by his brothers and is made head over the household of
Potiphar because he worked so hard. Then he finds favor in the eyes of the prison guard because he was a hard worker and good even when he was in prison. Then he becomes just below
Pharoah. What?! And then when he sees his brothers again he tells them that he is not upset with them because it wasn't them that sent him to Egypt, but God, so he could help his family. Talk about hard work and forgiveness. I hope
I can be like Joseph some day... 
Then I was reading in Mormon chapter nine this morning and a few phrases stuck out to me; "o then he unbelieving, turn ye unto the Lord;" (Mormon 9:6) don't just believe, don't just turn your mind or just your heart. But turn all that you are, your full body, mind,
heart, strength. Focus completely on the Lord. Try with all your might to become like Him. Carve His name into your heart and reflect His image. "Work out your own salvation..." (Mormon 9:27) God has given us all we need to return to Him. Now it's our turn. We need to act.  Salvation doesn't just come. It wasn't easy for Christ and it doesn't come cheap for us. But it is worth it. Oh, is it so worth it. Don't just go through the motions. Live and act and love the things you are doing. Do them for the Lord, your family, but overall for yourself.  This is YOUR salvation. Is that important to you? Show it!  I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week, and don't forget to always strive for perfection. Work for that Salvation. I promise you it will come when you do your part.
You are in my prayers, I love you all so much!
Vi
voglio bene!
Sorella Hawks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment