Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Few Words Before I Leave

Hello dear friends, family, and any and all who read this blog!
This blog is open for all to read, whether you are a friend who wants to know how I am, preparing to serve a mission of your own, or just someone who is trying to learn more about this gospel. Welcome!
To start things off, Why did I decide to serve a mission?
I was born and raised in this church and it has helped shaped me into the person I am today. Growing up, I always viewed the reason girls served missions was because they couldn't get married. But one Sunday a sister missionary serving in my ward talked to me about why she decided to serve a mission. I don't remember what she said, but it changed the way I saw serving a mission as a sister. Ever since then, I've grown to love the gospel more and more, which has increased my desire to share it with others.
When the valid age for sisters to serve missions lowered from 21 to 19, I knew I would have the wonderful opportunity to serve a mission of my own. Ever since then, I have looked forward to when I could send in my papers and receive my call.
As my date to enter the Missionary Training Center in Utah draws closer, I have become more nervous. I've felt a lot of things these past few weeks; fear, excitement, panic, and sometimes nothing. I became more and more afraid that I wasn't ready and that I wouldn't be able to serve the Lord well enough. But through much prayer and spending more time in the scriptures and with the missionaries, I have been able to gain the confidence to know that as long as I continue to work hard and be obedient, that I will be ready to enter the MTC when the time comes (Five days!!).
I can't fully express my excitement to serve the Lord and His children in the Italy Milan mission. This gospel has brought so much joy in my life. The knowledge that I am a daughter of God who loves me and that Jesus Christ loved me enough to die for me that I might return to Him has brought me so much peace and comfort. I want to spread that message and the joy that it brings to all that I meet. To serve a mission provides me with that opportunity and I can't thank Heavenly Father enough for that. 
 I wish you all the best of luck in everything you do. I'll see you in 18 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment